All Types of Printers Help Desk
Starting from the bottom, printer-desk has managed to come up by providing its customers with prominent services associated with the printer setup. From inkjet printers to 3D printers, the digital printing business has grown exponentially and printer-desk has become an integral contributor to this growing industry. We believe in customer satisfaction and are always ready to assist you to the best of our knowledge.
Whether it is a laser printer or a wireless printer setup you need assistance with, we are here to help you! If you are facing issues with printer installation at your home or workplace, here is a guide that can help you with a stepwise explanation of the process of setting up a new printer.
Connecting a USB printer to the computer
If you are working with a USB printer and wish to connect it to your computer, you just have to follow these simple steps :
- Begin by reading the installation guide that comes with the printer very carefully. Usually, it contains all the necessary information related to the installation of your printer.
- Next, attach one end of the USB cable to your printer and plug in the other end to your computer. You can do so by directly inserting the wire into the USB port of your computer.
- Switch on the printer. Once you click the power button, the page-feed mechanism will start and the printer will light up.
- Next, you need to wait a few minutes for your system to recognize the printer. Whether it is a Windows or a Mac operator, all the latest versions will be able to easily detect the connection with the printer.
- Once recognized, the device will automatically begin to install the necessary drivers for your printer. A driver sets up the connection between the printer and the device.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection for the system to download the necessary files for driver installation. Once done, you will be able to print your documents easily.
In case your system does not recognize the printer directly when operating on older versions, you can install the software which came along with the printer. For this, you can either use the CD provided with the printer or download the software directly from the official website of the manufacturer.
Connecting a wireless printer to your device
As most of the new-age printers are now wireless, here is a stepwise explanation for you to easily connect your device to the printer :
Set up printer on Windows :
- Start by reading the installation guide that came with the wireless printer.
- Connect your printer to your Wi-Fi network. This can be done by a small display screen that is present on the printer. Search for your local internet network and connect to it by providing the password.
- Move to the Control Panel of your Windows device.
- Select the option that says ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Click on the ‘Add a printer’ option.
- Next, tap on the ‘Add a Network, wireless, or Bluetooth Printer’ option. You will get a list of options to choose from.
- Select your wireless printer and click on the ‘Next’ option.
- You may be asked to install drivers after this. Click on the ‘Install driver’ option and wait for the installation process to complete.
Set up printer on Mac :
- The first two steps for Mac are the same as for windows.
- Go to the system preferences of your Mac device and select the ‘Print & Fax’ option.
- Tap the ‘+’ button and select your wireless printer from the Default option.
- Finally, tap on the ‘Add’ button, and you are done!