We can understand the terror of when you urgently need to print something important but your printer shows offline. Printers of every brand might cause trouble including the famous ones like HP. So, how to pull off an HP printer offline fix on your own might be the thing that you might be concerned about.
HP printers showing offline might be a very natural issue that many of us face, And can be fixed very easily. So if your HP printer keeps going offline, there might be several reasons behind it.
Why does the HP printer keep going offline?
If you have received a message saying that your printer is offline, There might be several reasons behind the issue of an HP printer offline. It surely is frustrating and annoying but there you need to find the root of the trouble before trying to fix the issue on your own. If the printer is offline, there is no way in the world that the work of printing will be done in any possible way. Therefore, it is a smart choice to not try to print anything if the printer is offline as it would just lead to getting things complicated even more.
So your question of “how to fix HP printer offline” can only be solved when you have knowledge about the problems leading to it or you might just end up spoiling it even more than before. Some reasons for the printer not responding properly might be because of the following reasons:
An outdated driver.
There might be trouble with the connection.
There might be an error with the setting.
The paper might be jammed.
There might be a problem with the USB cables.Fix Hp Printer Offline
These are the many problems that need to be fixed so that the HP printer can run smoothly. In case you have several printing jobs already on the queue it will be wise of you if you choose to cancel them and wait for the problem to be solved.
Fixing the issue of HP printer going offline
If your HP printer says offline, you can follow these instructions and steps written below for you to follow so that you can easily fix the trouble without asking for help from anybody else. So how you can fix the trouble with your printer are:
Set the printer as the default printer
There might be trouble if you do not set the printer as the default printer. You may face a problem because of this and that might be the answer to your question of “why does my HP printer say offline”. In windows 10, you can easily solve this problem, by following a few simple steps. The steps are:
- You can search the box or you can ask Cortana to open devices for you.
- Now Click the options of Printers and Scanners.
- You need to make sure that the box which is next to the option if “let Windows manage my default printer” is not selected. If it is already selected, click on it again to make sure that it is unselected.
- Choose the HP printer that you need to set as the default printer
- Check the place where it is showing the online status of the printer
- Click on manage
- And then click on set as default.
The problem of the printer showing offline might be solved easily with this if the problem lies in the default selection. If not, there are various other methods that you can try out.
Similar Article: – 123.hp.com/setup
Restart your printer
Yes, this usually helps. You need to make sure that you have turned off the printer and then you need to wait for at least a minute. After that, you need to turn the printer on to see if the status of the printer has changed from offline to online on your Windows 10 device or not. The answer to your question of “why is my HP printer offline” might be solved if you follow this step.
Check the cables
After restarting your HP printer, You need to make sure that all the cables connected to the device and the printer are working well. There should be no trouble with the USB cables of the printer to avoid problems. If there is a problem with the USB cable, You need to take them out and attach them again, Or it might be wiser of you to replace the cords and cables with new ones to avoid problems again in the future.
You need to check your connection
If you have a wireless printer, you will need to follow different steps after restarting your printer as the USB cables will not apply to you. So in that case, you need to check the connection of your printer with your device. You need to do it by following a few easy steps
- First, you need to restart your printer like I said before.
- Then you need to turn your computer or any other device that you are using off.
- After that, you need to connect the power printing cord to the printer and turn it on again.
- After that, you need to disconnect the power cord from your wireless router.
- You will need to wait for at least 10 seconds before switching it back on again.
- Then you will need to have patience as it will take about a few minutes for the internet connection to come back on.
- When that has happened, it will be time to switch your computer on so you will need to do that.
- Then you will need to connect the printer to the network.
- After that, you need to print and see if the problem has been resolved or not.
If the problem is resolved then well and good or else you will have to do troubleshooting.
Conclusion So, these are a few ways that will help you in HP printer offline fix windows 10. The next time if you wonder “why does my HP printer keep going offline” you have your answers in front of you and all the way to fix them too. There is no need to worry as these problems can be fixed easily. Find out other printer error’s solutions at printer-desk.com